What to know before visiting Bedugul
Before visiting Bedugul in Bali, Indonesia, here are some important things to know to make your trip enjoyable and hassle-free:
1. Location and Climate: Bedugul is a mountainous region located in the central part of Bali. Due to its elevation, the weather in Bedugul is cooler and more refreshing compared to the coastal areas. Pack accordingly, with light layers for the daytime and slightly warmer clothing for the evenings. Don't forget to bring sunscreen, as the sun can still be strong even in cooler temperatures.
2. Ulun Danu Beratan Temple: One of the main attractions in Bedugul is the iconic Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, situated on the shores of Lake Beratan. This beautiful water temple is an essential part of Balinese culture and is frequently photographed. Respect the temple's religious significance and dress modestly when visiting. The temple can get crowded, so consider arriving early in the morning to enjoy a more serene atmosphere.
3. Bedugul Botanical Garden: Another must-visit place in Bedugul is the Bali Botanic Garden, a vast and well-maintained garden with a wide variety of plants and flowers. It's an excellent spot for nature lovers and a place to relax amidst lush greenery. Don't forget to bring your camera to capture the beautiful landscapes.
4. Lake Bratan Activities: Bedugul is surrounded by three lakes, and Lake Bratan is the largest and most well-known. The lake offers various activities such as boat rides and water sports. Consider taking a traditional jukung boat ride to explore the lake and admire the surrounding scenery.
5. Bedugul Traditional Market: Visiting the Bedugul Traditional Market is a great way to experience the local culture and shop for fresh produce and souvenirs. The market offers a wide array of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and handmade crafts. Bargaining is customary in Balinese markets, so be prepared to negotiate prices with the vendors.
6. Be Mindful of Traffic: While Bedugul provides a refreshing escape from the busy coastal areas, the roads leading to and around the region can be narrow and winding. Expect some traffic, especially during peak tourist seasons. Hiring a local driver or joining a guided tour can be a convenient way to explore Bedugul without worrying about navigation.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can fully enjoy the natural beauty, cultural attractions, and unique experiences that Bedugul has to offer.